Student are grouped in multiple ways over the course of the year.
- Long-term groups are formed every 6-8 weeks. These groups stay pretty consistent over that course of time.
- Additional groups are created weekly based on data and feedback teachers are receiving.
- Sometimes student groups may be created or changed daily if there is a common instructional need to be met and the calendar allows for it.
Open time on students’ calendars is filled by independent, self-directed work time, where software provides instructional prompts through individual playlists, such as: using a program, reading, writing, or use of the maker space.
- Follows their student schedule
- Uses data to develop long-term, weekly, and daily groupings
- Schedules students using Root's calendar app
- Creates playlists for students' self-directed learning
- Provides student data for analysis
- Allows teachers to select groups of students for scheduling of small-group and one-to-one instruction