Students can pick whether they want to work with a partner or independently. They can choose who they work with everyday and are encouraged to make this choice based on who they work well with or who is working on a similar learning objective. In addition to creating a more pleasant working environment, this also provides students a source of support if the teacher is busy.
- Chooses whether they want to work independently or with a partner.
- Chooses their partner (if they want to work with one).
- Allows student to choose how they work best.
- Intervenes when student choices are unproductive.
- Circulates around the room, providing targeted instruction as needed.
- Allows students to see what other students are working on, helping them select better partners.