Every day Lindsay High School Learners spend 20 minutes reading to practice reading fluency. The most common programs used are Reading Plus, Lexia, and DuoLingo. Use is dependent on Learners needs. The Facilitator can instantly see progress data and address any Learners that look like they may be struggling in real time.
Class Data: Reading Plus
Class Data: Lexia
Student view: Reading in ReadingPlus
- Reads in Reading Plus program.
- Learners who aren’t at Reading Plus level yet work on Lexia or DuoLingo.
- Monitors class and progress on central monitor showing Learner progress.
- Receives instant data and intervenes with Learners when necessary.
- Differentiates reading selections according to ability.
- Provides a reading “bar” to aim for to help keep Learners on task.
- Changes speed of the reading "bar" as students read faster, removes it for students who no longer need it.