Students choose what they’re learning, when they’re learning, and what they want to focus on each day. Students are encouraged to move through the dashboard in a linear fashion but don’t have to do so. There are often multiple learning resources (~ 5 per objective) for a specific objective (e.g., visual, text-based, video, and bilingual) and students are able to choose the content that works best for them.
Learning Collection with Choice Resources in Gooru
Weekly Student Planner
Diagnostic To Do List
Student Daily/Weekly To Do
- Chooses path, place, and learning resources best suited to them.
- Takes diagnostic for unit of choice.
- Reflects on diagnostic results and identifies at least two things they want to work on and puts in their “to-do” list.
- Determines which assessments they can skip based on diagnostic results.
- Allows students to choose the sequence and pace of instruction, as well as learning resources, that work best for them.
- Provides students clarity about which learning activities all students must complete and which activities students can skip by showing proficiency on the diagnostic.
- Provides prompts and supports for students who could potentially be making better learning decisions.
- Provides a multitude of learning resources for students to learn from for a particular objective.
- Provides a complete list of learning objectives and units that students can work through in their own way.