There are multiple learning resources available for each assignment so struggling students can access additional resources for help. Since students are grouped in heterogeneous teams, and the teams check in at the beginning of each class to discuss their goals, students are aware of the progress their teammates have made and can ask them for help as needed. The classroom expectation is that students will ask teammates for help before they ask the teacher for help.
Learning Collection with Choice Resources in Gooru
- Looks within the playlist for additional learning resources when stuck on a learning objective.
- Checks to see which of their teammates have mastered the learning objective they are having trouble with.
- Asks teammates for help.
- Asks teacher for help after exhausting all other support options.
- Models and provides practice of self-sufficient behaviors for student support, such as seeking out resources or checking with teammates.
- Provides additional resources for students struggling with a particular learning objective.