Students request assessments when they are ready to take them. This responsibility empowers students with control over the pace of their learning. Allowing students to determine when they are assessment-ready encourages greater ownership and reflection of their learning. It also reduces anxiety as students know they are ready for the assessment when they request it (as opposed to a time-based model, which is controlled by the educator).
- Determines whether they are ready to self-assess for learning objectives.
- Progresses through more resources if not ready, takes learning objective assessment if ready.
- Reviews unit progress within the Pathway section of their Student Dashboard.
- Requests a unit assessment if ready, reviews necessary topics if not.
- Allows students to move at their own pace.
- Allows students to self assess for learning objectives.
- Reviews student progress to ensure students are making adequate progress.
- Provides unit assessment.
- Reviews unit assessment and compares to Pathway progress within the unit to see if additional support is needed.
- Provides students with additional resources if they are not ready for a particular assessment.
- Provides structure and progress tracking within the Student Pathway.
Weekly Student Planner
Student Dash: Pathway and Readiness
Student Data: Performance and Completion